There are spiritual healing sites around the spa. These are numerous churches and monasteries in Vrnjačka Banja, as well as in its immediate surroundings. These churches and monasteries, witnesses of our history, are shrines where the entire Serbian past can be felt in a day.
Church of the Nativity of the Most Holy Mother of God – This holy temple was built by Hadži Jeftimije Popović, archpriest from Vrnjačka Banja, in 1834, during the reign of Prince Miloš Obrenović. Prota Jeftimije served in this temple for 47 years. He was buried on the temple’s south side, as indicated by his tombstone.
On the south side of the temple, there is a memorial plaque to the Serbian warriors (who fought in Thessaloniki), who gave their lives for their religion and the fatherland in the wars of 1912-1918. The iconostasis was donated to the church by Jovan Kujundžić, a merchant from Belgrade, in 1875. The temple is dedicated to the birth of the Most Holy Mother of God on September 21 (8) – Nativity of the Theotokos, as evidenced by the beautiful mosaic above the front door. It was extended twice in 1936 and 1973. The current appearance on the west was designed by the late Dr. Dragomir Tadić, an architect from Belgrade. Summer slava – the liturgy of Vrnjačka Banja is on July 28 – Holy Martyrs Cyricus and Julitta.
The Church of Most Holy Mother of God of the “Life-Giving Spring” – The foundations of the church in the central spa park of Vrnjačka Banja were consecrated in April 2012 by Bishop Chrysostom of Ziča, and the church was completed and finally consecrated in 2020. Architect Dimitrije Lj. Marinković designed the church.
The Church of Saint Sava in Gračac – The village of Gračac in the municipality of Vrnjačka Banja is an ancient village in the Raška District. Material remains found in this village area indicate that the ancient Romans inhabited the area of today’s Gračac. The village of Gračac itself is located on the Goč Mountain, only 4 km from the main road between Vrnjačka Banja and Kraljevo.
According to legend, the local church is the church of St. Sava, built in “Sava’s age,” and Saint Sava himself, with his father Stefan Nemanja, participated in its construction. The church in Gračac that bears Sava’s name is dedicated to him. According to legends, the church is even older than Ziča, and in that case, it celebrated 800 years of existence in the late 20th century. The church has suffered a lot throughout history, which is why we do not have accurate data on the time of its creation and its founders. By the early 19th century, only the foundations of this church remained, on which a new church was built in 1812. The parish priest of Gračac, Radovan Šućurević, renovated this church in 1842. Today, the church is under the jurisdiction of the Institute for the Protection of Monuments in Kraljevo. Across the temple is a 1909 primary school that has been renovated and now houses a museum.
The Monastery of St. Petka in Stubl – is 7 km away from Vrnjačka Banja. It is located on the slopes of the Gledić Mountains. It is best to reach the monastery by the road leading to the village of Ugljarevo via the West Morava.
Ljubostinja – Ljubostinja Monastery is 16 km away from Vrnjačka Banja. The best way to reach the monastery is via Trstenik and the village of Grabovac.
Ziča – Ziča Monastery is 32 km away from Vrnjačka Banja. The best way to reach the monastery is via the road leading to Mataruška Banja.
Studenica – Studenica Monastery is 80 km away from Vrnjačka Banja. It is best reached by the road leading through Mataruška Banja along the Ibar highway to the settlement of Ušće, from where the road separates towards the monastery.